There’s something about Mental Health Week that is stirring me up Mentally!!
It’s got me thinking and i’m really moved by all of those brave enough to open up and share their own personal stories of living with or living through mental health issues such as anxiety, depression, bi-polar, eating disorders and chemical imbalances in the brain. For me I’ve lived closely with mental illness – my Grandmother being diagnosed probably 50 yrs ago with Paranoid Schizophrenia and with my own personal journey of depression, anxiety and bulimia…learning self love for me has been a journey, one that I now happily embrace and I have much gratitude for my mental illness as experiencing mental illness has given me the ability to feel.see.sense my inner world, see the dirt on the inside, clean away all that does not serve me and blossom into a spirit that I love. I love nothing more than inspiring people to do the same – see their darkness, push through it and blossom like a beautiful LOTUS ready to receive all of the gifts of the World!
Now – as for Mental Health Week – this is my tribute, I hope that it moves you and that my writing inspires self love in YOU!!
- the hardest thing about mental health is that it can be covered up so easily with a smile, do we ever truly know the battles people can be living with at home??
Then how can I be there for my friend/family??(anyone suffering from mental illness, anyone feeling not quite right)
- Be there for your friend, don’t give up on them, if you haven’t seen them for a while – check in on them – keep it light – keep it fun –
I have depression and anxiety – how can I help myself??
- Think of one person who you can open up to – reach out to a friend if you need help
The hardest part is realizing you have a mental illness – the second hardest part is reaching out to get help…
You can do this anonymously @ http://www.beyondblue.org.au/ connect-with-others/online-forums – this is an excellent place to start!
I try to reach out but people don’t respond the way I wish they would…
- Become your own Best Friend – make yourself do something for you everyday (or at least every second day), force yourself to do something that you LOVE doing – do this for 20 minutes and see how you feel
- STOP comparing yourself to others – I repeat – stop comparing yourself to others – you are here on your own unique journey – your gifts are incredible – you have all you need inside of you – bring your uniqueness – your gifts to the world!
Know your own personal barometer…
- Check in with yourself daily
- Ask yourself, “How do I feel right now?”
- If you are feeling low – force yourself to do something healthy which makes you feel GOOD!!
- Release those endorphins – go for a run!
- Know what comes up must come down – ups and downs are a part of life, it doesn’t matter how many times you fall down, the important part is that you pick yourself back up again 🙂
- Treat yourself kindly
- Practice random acts of kindness for yourself
You are worthy of LOVE u r worthy of self LOVE
- find that thing that SPARKLES your heart and follow it for life!
- Be there for your friend
- Think of 1 person you can reach out to , one person you can trust to help you and let them know how you are feeling
- Join a forum for free advice/help http://www.beyondblue.org.au/
- Become your own best friend
- Stop comparing yourself to others
- Know your own personal Barometer and check in with yourself daily
- Do something every day that you love
- Practice random acts of kindness on yourself
- Self love is a journey – never give up on your path to self love and happiness
Dedicate time to your happiness, may the spark in your heart be inspired to SPARKLE!!
ahhh, the sound of the silence
in the ocean
in between the sound of the crashing waves
is like the sound
that meditation gives
to the mind
breakdown = breakthrough
if we can be brave enough to allow ourselves to breakdown –
this is where the magickal, invisible, universal energies manifest –
this is where the miracle of breakthrough can happen!!
Friday, 1st August, 2014.
Dear Beautiful Woman,
You have walked this earth for centuries, with love and with care.
You have been chosen as the life giver to many.
You have been respected by man, you have been shunned by man.
You have buried your heart deep inside.
You have stayed connected to love and you have been able to illuminate the darkest of places.
You have given without expecting anything in return.
You have effortlessly planted many seeds of love. You have humbly watched these seeds grow to blossom.
Your shoulders are broad. Your heart is open.
Through your eyes one can swim to the depths of your soul.
You are resilient. You are safe. You are free to allow your whole self to shine.
You are free to feel your own shimmering beauty radiate from your core.
Walk with me beautiful Woman, time is now for your soul to shine!!
Namaste…may you be graced with the presence of your own divine beauty, may your soul be free to shine this lifetime xx
Holding back your voice is like closing the door on your heart and on your intuition.
Pass thanks on to those who have served you and helped you to move forward this life.
By honoring, acknowledging and speaking your voice, you can help others to move through their blocks and liberate them to freedom of self this lifetime.
When you hear your voice knocking, do not fear its words. Allow your words to flow freely. Create space for your words to be heard and received clearly. Bless this space with love.
Namaste…be strong, be clear, be confident, be you!!
Never give up on your dreams…
(your happiness relies on you for this!)
Please OPEN the way for my
Dear Mother, dear Father, dear Person caring for another precious being this lifetime,
Your children can sense when you are not happy, even if you put your strong suit on and portray that you are happy.
Children are intuitive beings and can immediately sense when you are feeling uneasy or feeling not quite right.
Become aware of the effects of your energy on another being…are you feeling low on the inside?? Open your eyes wide and take a look around…are your children misbehaving, grabbing for your attention, crying endlessly, sleeping more than usual, acting not quite themselves??
Try loving yourself more and treating yourself to something pleasurable at least once a day!!
If you are feeling depleted here are some simple things you can do daily to ensure your inner happiness levels are topped up:
- meditate, meditate, meditate!
- get your daily dose of exercise and sunshine!! – walk, jog, run, swim – get your body moving for 30 minutes a day, 3-5 times a week!
(aim for 3 days a week but notice that 5 times a week feels even better!!)
- take part in a “Tea Party”!!
You can use a “Tea Party” as a mini-meditation –
- Make yourself a cuppa tea, kick back somewhere nice – (your front patio, your decking, your balcony or your big comfy couch !) Dedicate this time to stilling the mind and focussing on your breath as you lovingly sip your tea! Watch your breathe come in and out of your nose – (notice the sensations within your body that a breath of fresh air can give you, is the air cooler on the way in through the nose and warmer on the way out through the nose?). Focus your taste buds on the taste of the tea. Open your awareness – (try to see as far as you can see and extend your hearing as far as you can hear) – but try not to let the mind label anything you see or hear! Focus on the breath to still the mind, sip your tea and enjoy!
So, to keep this letter short and sweet, here are 4 things you can do daily to ensure your happiness levels are topped up, so that you can be there – (present, in the now) – for the little energetic beings you adore and love!!
Namaste beautiful people…by focussing on lifting your own energy, the energy of those around you will automatically lift also!!
P.S. The YouTube clips provided are not my own – nor am I suggesting that they are miracle cures – they are intended as easy access to happiness and to use as guides only on your personal journey of health and happiness – if something doesn’t feel right to you, honour your body and don’t do it – but ensure you find something else that you Love doing!!
Weblinks to useful resources:
It seems that in the Western world, from the moment we are born, we are born into a mad race to achieve, to become more than we are, to gain material possessions, to reach certain milestones by certain ages.
- to finish schooling by 17
- to have a gap year at 18
- to finish uni by 22 – (28 at the latest!!)
- to have $$ in the bank by 21
- to travel the world by 23
- to have a career by 26
- to have a deposit on a house by 28
- to be married by 30
- and if kids haven’t happened yet – to have kids by 32!! Continue reading